This Christmas party game is a classic game of Charades that can easily be adapted to a christmas party for your church.
The only preparation or modification you need to make for younger players is in the selection of simpler one word topics.
Christmas Party Charades for Children:
- Select a few simple Christmas words and phrases for the children to act out.
- Have every one of children sit on the floor while one child stands in front.
- Whisper to the child what Christmas word he or she is to mime and let the other children guess.
- Once the correct answer is guessed a new actor is selected and play continues.
Christmas Party Charades for Older Children:
- Have them Brainstorm a list of 10-15 Christmas topics that the other team will perform.
- Screen and sort the two groups of christmas themed topics for 3 levels of difficulty.
- Assign a higher point value for the most difficult christmas themes. This is a game of points for the teams!
- Then break the youth or middle schoolers into teams.
- Each team then selects the desired difficulty level and the volunteer draws a topic from the stack that the other group made.
- One player tries to act out the Christmas themed clue for his or her team to guess.
- There is no stealing because the opposing teams created the clues. At the end of play, the team with the most points wins.
- Use Christmas Carols as a category instead of broad Christmas party topics.
- Use Christmas events from Scriptures as a choice of topics. Some of the scenes can be broken into further scenes. Be sure that if you have people familiar with the bible scattered among the teams. Discuss any insights that might arise from these Christmas charades.