How to play:
- Make a list Christmas Carols and other popular songs. A sample list is below. Remove the funny song titles.
- Break your group into teams.
- Give one team a portion of the song titles.
- Each team is to take the song titles and reword it using similar language. Examples are below.
- The teams take turn reading the funny title and the other team must guess the original title.
Make some flash cards with the following funny song titles.
Give teams with a buzzer or something so that teams compete to guess the first correct title, a la Jeopardy. The first team to hit the buzzer must give the right answer or the other teams can buzz to guess.
The group leader reads the funny title and the teams compete to be the first group to guess the correct one.
Reworded Christmas Songs:
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – Experience a Joyous Tiny December 25th
O Holy Night – Oh Sacred Evening
Santa Claus is Coming to Town – A Jolly Man in a Red Suit is Arriving in Our Place of Residence
Jingle Bell Rock – Tinkling Chime Groove
All I Want for Christmas Is You – Everything I Hope for the Birth Day of Jesus is the 21st Letter of the Alphabet
Joy to the World – Bliss for the Planet
Christmas Time is Here – December 25th Has Arrived
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer – Bambi with a Clown Nose
Frosty the Snowman – Chilly the Frozen Water Guy
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer – Mom’s Mother Got Trampled by a Sleigh Puller
Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree – Dancing Circles Near the December 25th Shrubbery
Brainstorm other Christmas Carols to add to this list.
Source: Funny Titles above were found online.